Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Anniversary

It was my first Halloween in the city, so you can imagine how stoked I was for that night. I was dressed as a sexy magician and my girl *Grace was dressed as a "Ghetto girl from Brooklyn". She's the farthest thing from hood. We drunkenly stormed from bar to bar in search of the perfect party spot. One of the bars was actually ghetto - everyone was black except us. Let me just say her costume did not fly. But you knowww we jumped on that stage regardless. Just picture the Cameron Diaz soul train dance from Charlie's Angels but with Lucy Liu included in the mix. Anyway, we decided to ditch that place and wander. We came across a few guys hanging out on some steps who asked us to come to the party inside. I started talking to one of the boys, *Dave, and he was totally my flavor of le moment.Tall, witty, with a hint of scruff. We decided to go in. Problem was it wasn't their party. It was some girl's party, and we all know how that shit usually goes down. So Grace & I decided to go do what we do best together-Karaoke!

Karaoke is a blur in my mind. I just remember a 4 L Beer and me dying to sing " Man I feel like a woman". Next thing I knew it was closing time and off to his buddy's place where we all engaged in what I'm sure was some intelligent conversation. Everyone started to pass out except *Dave and I. We proceeded to the kitchen and started to write flirty messages with the fridge magnets. And then shit went down. I guess that's the way to get a girl to go home with you-shitty party,beer, and magnets? He was my first random hookup as a Montrealer. We passed out shortly afterward, and then it was off to one of many walk of shames to come. I came home to the most amazing thing. My mother, father, sister, uncle and cousin in my living room. The sight of this made me vomit...actually. It was their first visit to see me since I had moved away. Let's just say it's a hangover I'll never forget.

That was the last time I saw him...until today. Exactly 2 years today. We had exchanged text messages here and there. Then he added me on Facebook, where I realized his status was definitely not single. He was cut from that point on. I was standing behind him in line for the bus to Ottawa. At first I didn't notice it was him. I glanced up from my book to look at my reflection, when I saw his profile in the glass window. All I could think was.Oh.My.Fuck. I pretended to not see him. But he turned, looked at me and said, "I know you." I gave him one of my half smiles and said hi. It was awkward small talk from then on.

The bus started to board. All I could think was..Fuck. Do I sit with him or not? Sitting beside a one night stand you haven't seen in 2 years for 2 hours...Hmm. My mind is thinking fuck that shit. Then oh, look what my body did. Sat right beside the guy. My body tries to convince my mind that this could be a good thing. He was a social psychology major right? Some enticing conversation may spring up from this. Then I probably did THE most awkward thing ever done on a greyhound. I said there wasn't enough space, moved to the seat in front of him and said that if he really wanted to talk I could just turn around. As we pulled into Ottawa he pokes his head beside mine and says it was the worst anniversary he had ever had. We made a few jokes. He helped me with my bags and then it was the classic farewell Montreal *kiss-kiss.

Current...
Mood:Uneasy/Amused
Song:Papers-Usher

**Sidenote
To my current boyfriend:If you somehow find this and read it. I love you. I know...I was a bit of a hoebag. But my skanky days are over and me and my vajayjay only think of you :).

No comments:

Post a Comment